Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Packed within 8 oz. of the scale. 1 day left

So I fell off the wagon a bit there, but I'm back. I had a stressful day packing on Monday and now have two fully packed suitcases clocking in at 49.5 lbs each, as well as a 20 lb carry-on and my backpack. How do I have so much stuff?? My dad felt it necessary to remind me that I wasn't going to the moon.

Dad and his sparkling wit was one reason why the day was so stressful. That and the fact that homesickness is already setting in, and I haven't even left yet.

I really don't have anything particular to say, other than that Scott and I have seen each other every day since Sunday.

When I applied for this program, I didn't let the thought of a year without him stop me--how lame would that be, refusing the opportunity of a lifetime for a boy? But even though I wouldn't change anything, even though I still really want to go, for my academic and especially my personal growth...I don't want to leave. I want to go but not leave. That makes no sense, I know.

1 comment:

  1. I just got you're voice mssg from France. Sorry I missed you. You made it. Now don't be a bum, find a damned hot spot and keep tikkin awway at you're keys. I want to read about you're exploits and excursions. Have fun, good luck, and keep a cool head. You're in Frace Baby!

    ReplyDelete