Friday, August 14, 2009

Beginning the countdown: 7 days left

I've decided that I'm going to try to post a little bit every day this week so that I can get back into the habit of writing daily. This lofty goal, however, comes unaccompanied by any particular inspiration, daily or otherwise, so I suppose that this coming week of posts is really just going to be a lot of me trying to get back into my groove. That and packing. Lots and lots of packing.

At first I told myself I’d bring only one suitcase, because I like to travel light. Then I thought about it and pretty much realized this would be an impossibility. And since packing in a rush is almost certain to drive me deranged, I’ve already begun.


Looks like I’m trying to stock up a bathroom à l’américain, huh? Not quite, I promise. Some of that is junk food requested by Aurelia (notice the Jell-o and beef jerky), in addition to my horde of cold medicine, toothpaste* and scent-free SPF lotion**. Although I admit it looks a mess now, I’m confident that once I start actually arranging everything it will take up less space, since, after all, I have to fit some clothes in there too!

Tomorrow’s mission: massive amounts of laundry.




* Because if I don’t take it, no one will use it since it’s super minty.
** Since I’m given to understand that France isn’t big on unperfumed lotions, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment